WEB & UI Designer for social impact
Full-time in the San Francisco office
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience
Amplifier Strategies is a social impact agency. We work with strategic philanthropists and visionary implementers who are tackling tough social and environmental challenges and taking their solutions to scale. We are a multidisciplinary team of strategists, designers and technologists who work closely together and offer a full suite of capabilities for our target markets.
At Amplifier, we believe in a testing-based, iterative approach to service and product development. We strive to build great user experiences that have an impact and if they don't, we head back to the drawing board.
We're looking to add an experienced visual and UI designer to our team who can deliver consistent designs that carry all the way through product conception, design and branding. He or she must have a history of working on visual and user experience design for cloud-based applications and websites. We're looking for candidates who are enthusiastic about using data analysis and user feedback to help guide design and development, but understand that it is not a substitute for creativity and good marketing sense.
While primarily a visual designer, the ideal candidate for our team is someone who has strong UI experience to support our design and development team, and someone who aligns with our commitment to product design and messaging for greater impact. The Designer will play a central role in cutting-edge projects. The Web & UI Designer will work closely with our team of strategists, designers and developers to craft compelling and engaging experiences online for worldwide impact.
As a Designer at Amplifier Strategies, you will be striving to:
- Increase the impact of campaign and advocacy objectives through groundbreaking design
- Create consistent user experiences and visual designs on products ranging from robust cloud-based platforms to consumer websites
- Work closely with Strategists, Product Management and Engineering teams to understand requirements, and execute design solutions
- Design extensible interfaces using established conventions and design patterns
- Create pixel-perfect mock-ups/visual specs for Developers
- Keep up with current conventions in the web design and user experience communities
- Synthesize and translate research into actionable insights, concepts and solutions
- Provide QA oversight and consultation during technical implementation
- Present proposed designs to cross-functional teams with varying degrees of knowledge, and identify and negotiate optimal trade-offs between business needs, user experience outcomes, and technology constraints.
Must-have professional experience, skills and attributes:
- At least 5 years of success designing usable software experience, mobile apps, or websites
- At least 2 years of experience with visual and interactive design; some agency or client-service experience preferred
- Experience creating user flows/sitemaps and wireframes
- Expertise with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Axure/Omnigraffle or similar
- Ability to interact with clients when needed
- Ability to work on multiple projects, reprioritize as needed and manage time in an efficient manner while receiving strategic and tactical direction
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible, and team oriented environment
- Passion for creating positive social impact
- Passion for user centered design approach
- Great collaboration & communication skills
TO APPLY: please submit a detailed resume and cover letter along with a design portfolio.